Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reflection Halfway Through College...

As the year slowly, but surely, comes to a close, I've recently begun to reflect on what I have done my past two years at Lasell. Realizing that I am half way through my college career is scary, but also very exciting. My whole life I've been looking towords college and had only vague dreams of what comes after... but, here I am! Successful, and almost completely finished.
I don't have many regrets about how I have conducted myself thus far in college. Though, my biggest piece of advice, to any current or prospective student would be to become involved within your school as early as possible. Becoming involved with a group or activity on campus opens you up to so many new people, challenges and adventures. The only regret I could truly say I have about the past two years is that I didn't take that advice and only became involved my second year at school.
The Office of Student Activities is a great place to start if you are searching out a club to join. Clubs on campus range from environmental awareness, like Urth, tolerence, like S.A.F.E., or even the Campus Activity Board.
Entering college is terrifying and walking in to a meeting with a club you are unsure of is also, but in the end it really is worth it. Becoming involved on campus will give you an amazing sense of belonging. As part of a club you feel needed, you have something to do with your free time, and you can even sometimes make a difference.

0 comments: