Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Preview: 11/4-6

You think Tuesday is too early to start looking at the upcoming weekend? Maybe you're right.


But... it turns out this week has already been busier than last week's midterm adventure, so I'm looking for anything to get my mind off the 3 papers I have due tomorrow.

In case you're wondering, I haven't started any of them.

I'm also looking for a way to wind down from submitting two job applications for, you know, the real world.

Anyway, the weekend ahead is a big one for Lasell. On Friday, the original winner of Last Comic Standing, Dat Phan, will be performing on campus. He could arguably be one of the most well-known acts to come to Lasell so it's definitely a can't-miss event. Phan will be joined by opener Ray DeVito to help round out the show in Yamawaki.

On Sunday, the rugby club will host its second home game of the year, and their first playoff game ever at 1 P.M. on Grellier Field. The Lasers had a tremendous regular season, finishing the year 5-0 after topping formerly undefeated Framingham State.

The game was originally scheduled for last week, but was postponed in the wake of the Halloween snowfall.

For me, it's a bit of a shame, as I had every intention of going last week. Since it was rescheduled, I won't be able to go since I'll be in sunny Los Angeles for the weekend. (That shouldn't stop the 1851 Chronicle from live-blogging the event. Follow the paper on Twitter @1851Chronicle). End: cheap plug.

I've been planning this trip to LA for about a month or so, and I'll be attending the Education Writers Association conference at UCLA while I'm there. Of course, there will be plenty of time to explore the city (I've never been), and I'll be sure to post an update and maybe even some pictures from when I tour Nickelodeon Studios.






0 comments: